Chromologics is a Danish biotech spin-out from the Technical University of Denmark. We have developed a fungal biotech platform for the production of novel, natural colorants.
Our proprietary fermentation process allows us to be first movers to introduce lab-grown food colorants to the market.
Our production is sustainable, scalable and cost-competitive. Unlike other existing natural colors, our colorants are not extracted from high value raw materials like fruit and vegetables, but produced by our wild type cell factory.
Our fungal strains are non-GMO and our pigments are compatible with most dietary needs, including kosher, halal, and vegan diets.
Sustainable colors made by nature.
ChromoRed is the first in a new generation of colorants. It is the food colorant of the future. ChromoRed is novel and unique. ChromoRed is natural. It will replace current natural red food colorants like carmine and betanin.
ChromoRed performs excellent over a broad range of pH values and under high temperature treatment. By using ChromoRed, there is no consumer restriction as our colorant is compatible with vegan, kosher and halal diets.
By using ChromoRed, your food product will look appealing every step of the way while helping for a more sustainable future. ChromoRed is produced by biotech. Unlike other natural colorants, the production of ChromoRed is independent of harvest seasons.
Due to its high color intensity, ChromoRed has a lower cost-in-use than carmine and betanin.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Join our dynamic and international team as we getting ready to commercialize our revolutionary natural colorant for vegan products.
We are a small team of seven and quickly growing! With international investors backing our product development, we are working to change the world of natural food colorants through natural fermentation rather than relying on intensive agricultural inputs.
We are looking for a driven and entrepreneurial minded individual to take responsibility of the commercialization of our lead product.
Welcome to Chromologics
Chromologics is a Danish biotech spin-out from the Technical University of Denmark. We have developed a fungal biotech platform to produce novel, natural colorants. Our proprietary fermentation process allows us to be first movers in lab-grown food colorants. Unlike other existing natural colors, our colorants are not extracted from high value raw materials like fruit and vegetables but are produced by our wild-type cell factory. Our fungal strains are non-GMO and our pigments are compatible with most dietary needs, including kosher, halal, and vegan diets.
Enabling our strategy to bring our products to life
The Business Development manager will be instrumental in executing our company strategy to drive the commercialization of our novel food colorant formulations. This person will be responsible for board-ready deliverables on a quarterly basis summarizing the key decisions and actions taken towards the commercialization of our lead product. Although it is difficult to estimate, occasional travel to visit potential clients will be expected.
· Identify potential B2B and B2C opportunities. Generate leads, map out the key pain points and pricing structures for different segment-specified formulations, and build partnerships
· Own a detailed business case and financial model along with the key activities to drive success in the key segments
· Market sizing, customer interviews, and competition mapping
· Development of best practices for customer relations management
· Prioritize primary, secondary, and tertiary segments for product launches.
· Evaluate new commercial opportunities with robust inputs to create sound financial analyses and plans
· Coordinate and communicate with R&D to ensure formulation development meets the customer needs and consumer preferences for all newly proposed segments.
You are seeking a change from working in a large, highly-matrix-ed organization and want to shape your own experience with a direct impact within the startup.
· Business degree at Master’s level
· Must have 3-5 industry experience beyond your educational credentials
· Excellent project management skills and capable of managing several concurrent projects while delivering quality deliverables in a timely manner to multiple levels of stakeholders
· Has a can-do attitude and independently drives progress while recognizing the advantages of working together as a team
· Excellent command of MS Office and English are essential. Danish is an advantage, but not required.
The ideal candidate possesses:
· 3-5 years within a business development role preferably at an industrial biotech company or working with disruptive technologies at a FMCG, biotech, pharma, technology company, management-consulting firm or similar.
· Previous experience leading the launch and commercialization of biotech solutions
· Experience executing partnership agreements such as out-licensing, in-licensing, supply agreements, JDAs or similar
· Conceptual mindset with a highly structured approach to problem solving while being pragmatic and action-oriented
· Results-driven rather a perfectionist
· Experience implementing best-practices for CRM in a startup atmosphere or new market entry outside of a larger organization’s core competencies
· A good sense of humor and a positive spirit that is solution oriented and open to feedback
· Motivated by joining a growing start-up company with its opportunities and challenges
Although a technical/scientific degree is beneficial for this role, the motivation to understand our technology “enough to be dangerous” outweighs the need for such degrees.
Chromologics offers you the ability to gain experience and take on broader responsibilities that might be limited within roles at larger organizations. We are an international and diverse team located at the Innovation House at Alfa Laval in Søborg. We thrive on innovation, sustainability, and applied technologies. Our facilities are within cycling and public transportation distance of Copenhagen with access to the Alfa Laval canteen, Friday breakfast, locker rooms & showers, secure bicycle parking, and fitness facility (during non-pandemic times). If you have always dreamed about building your own role within an organization, this is the team for you to join!
Salary and terms of employment are commensurate with experience and background of the successful candidate.
Please apply by submitting your cover letter and your CV to
GET IN TOUCH
Maskinvej 5, 2860 Søborg, Denmark